Right to Know/Open Records

Right to Know/Open Records

Years prior to the signing of Act 3 of 2008, the Right-to-Know Law, College Township independently initiated its efforts to make its records more accessible to the public. With the help of the Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission starting in 2003, College Township microfilmed and later uploaded onto this website all of its known Board of Supervisors/Council meeting minutes and embedded ordinances back to 1916. (Look under "Microfilmed Historical Records" for a full listing.) This endeavor included the hiring of an intern to assist in this undertaking, and it continues as efforts across departments are underway to digitize additional records for expanded, online public access.

In specific compliance with Act 3 of 2008, Section 504, on Nov. 20, 2008, College Township Council appointed Mr. Adam T. Brumbaugh as the College Township Right-To-Know Officer. Council has reappointed Mr. Brumbaugh each year since to serve in this capacity. Mr. Mike Bloom has been appointed as Assistant Right-To-Know Officer.  

Mr. Adam T. Brumbaugh
College Township Right-To-Know Officer
College Township Municipal Offices
1481 E. College Avenue
State College, PA 16801
(814) 231-3021
Email: Right To Know Officer.

The Pennsylvania Office of Open Records' contact info for general information and appeals is as follows:

Address: Commonwealth of Pennsylvania
Office of Open Records
Commonwealth Keystone Building
333 Market Street, 16th Floor
Harrisburg, PA 17101-2234
Email: openrecords@pa.gov 
Executive Director: Ms. Liz Wagenseller

The form to be used for the request of Open Records can be found below.

College Township Policy A-004, Open Records, is included here and describes the procedures adopted by College Township Council in its efforts to respond quickly and accurately to requests for open records.

For additional information please visit the Office of Open Records website at https://www.openrecords.pa.gov, or feel free to contact your College Township Right-To-Know Officer or designee directly at (814) 231-3021.

Right to Know Request FormPolicy A-004 Open Records