- Finance & Tax Department
Finance & Tax Department
The Director of Finance manages a staff of four full-time employees who are dedicated to providing a high level of service to the residents of the Township and others who require information from the department. The department is responsible for all activities related to the financial, personnel, risk management, tax collection, and water customer service functions for both College Township and the College Township Water Authority.
To file your EIT taxes use the online form through the Centre Tax Agency. College Township does not process these taxes. Call 814-234-7110 for more information. For more information view the Centre Tax Agency information webpage.
It is our hope that the following pages will not only provide you with an understanding of the financial position of College Township but also comfort in knowing that care is exercised in the investment and expending of tax dollars and in planning for the financial future of the Township.
Financial Management of College Township
- 5-Year Capital Improvement Program (CIP) - A very important tool for long-range planning, the CIP provides a list of capital projects expected to occur over the next 5 years.
- Annual Operating Budgets for College Township - The Council of College Township must plan for the township's financial future to ensure that its inflows of resources (revenues) will be adequate to meet its needs (expenses), both anticipated and unanticipated. The needs involve the cost of providing an acceptable level of services for its residents as well as funding for operating and capital project expenses. This financial planning function underlies the entire process culminating with the approval of the annual operating budget.
- Quarterly Reports - The Finance Department wishes to keep our residents up to date with the latest financial information. The Finance Director updates the Council quarterly, and those reports are published here. You can also access the very latest information by clicking HERE (link to Financial Dashboard) for a quick snapshot.
- Independent Financial Audit Reports - To meet the requirements of the Second Class Township Code, the Council of College Township appoints an independent certified public accounting firm to make an examination of all the accounts of the township for the fiscal year that runs from January 1 to December 31.
- Tax Information and Tools - This section provides you with current and accurate information on real estate, earned income, local services, amusement, and real estate transfer taxes.