Fall Refuse News
BULK WASTE COLLECTION for residential curbside customers OCTOBER 21 - 25: Advanced Disposal will collect old furniture, bedding, carpeting, appliances, and tires (some restrictions apply). Remember to have all items at the curb by 7:00 a.m. on your regular collection day. No loose piles of debris will be removed – they must be bagged or bundled in order to be collected. Due to truck restrictions, no metal or wood items in excess of 5 feet in length can be accepted. Residents are asked to consider donating usable items to local charities. Please remember that up to 3 smaller bulky items (under 40 pounds each) may be placed curbside for regular weekly collection; each bulk item counts as a bag. Look for additional information online: www.crcog.net/refuse .
IMPORTANT TRASH & RECYCLING INFO
HOLIDAYS: If your weekly pickup day falls on or after the following Holidays, your trash and recycling service will be delayed by one (1) day during the week of the holiday:
September 2 Labor Day
November 28 Thanksgiving Day
December 25 Christmas Day
January 1 New Year’s Day
NOTE: Regular collection week of Dec. 2.
MISCELLANEOUS PLASTIC DROP-OFF SITES (Centre County)
1. The Centre County Recycling & Refuse Authority, 253 Transfer Road, Bellefonte (between the Nittany Mall and Rockview Prison, off of Route 26). The recycling container is located outside of Gate 3, on Transfer Road.
2. Between the Patton Township Fire Station (2598 Green Tech Drive, State College) and ClearWater Conservancy.
3. CVS, 127 South Potter Street, Bellefonte.
4. Hamilton Square Shopping Center, 244 West Hamilton Avenue, State College.
5. Snappy’s Convenience Store, 2892 Earlystown Road, Centre Hall.
6. Rush Township Building, 150 Richard Street, Philipsburg.